Sunday, May 23, 2010

Training 34 and 35

Finally, i'm getting more intensive goalkeeper training....the new goalkeeper coach is really a great boost for me though, we did some basic diving as well as specialized left and right side dives as apparently my right side dives were the lesser one compare to the left dives, ironically as im a right handed guy ... hmm

Anyway, not much to be said about this training sessions as TIRED, EXHAUSTED, and not the least, EXCITED!

There's one point where, we were having a corner drill, and i was struggling with intercepting, or should i say attack the ball bravely. After quite playing for quite awhile, i began to aware that, a good goalkeeper, when they make a saves, the save comes from their subconscious. Moves or actions that comes out naturally from you without any thinking to make it happen is the purest sense of agility or reflex one could have. After playing for almost 5 years now i still canot explain nor have a way to improve such 'natural reflex' are to no avail.....

But this kinda natural reflex kick in on the training as i just run out and raise my hand, knuckle up, and leg up and with no hesitation at all punch the ball away, even though i collided heavily with a striker and hit straight on my lung and ribs. For that moment i canot breath at all as if my lung collapsed, with pain just streaming out from my lung, but all i can hear was just well done and well done all over my head, and with the coach and all the players give me a hand up while everyone repeatedly pat my head.........

It comes to my head, how that, why everyone pats the scorer in the EPL game or such in such a exaggerated manner, now i realize, as that feeling of some kind of support+encouragement+recognition+all sort of positive feeling u can imagine, is what i would call, my own definition of drug.

At the end of the day, theres one word i will remember forever in my life, and that word alone, will be one of those things that gonna be my motivation in whatever thing in my life....

"Thats solid, Han."

No comments:

Post a Comment